Thursday, April 26, 2012

I just got off of the phone with a very dear friend.  I explained to her that I wanted to try something new in my life...to live my life, not guided by fear, but by faith.  It will be a difficult job, because I am so used to being afraid, worried that I will make the wrong move, or say the wrong thing.  I'm afraid I will lose.  But haven't I already lost if I'm afraid to live?  I am thankful for my friends...from the one on the phone, to the ones who will never know, to the ones who read my drivel.  I think God is moving, or rather He has been moving and I am just catching on.  I trust that no matter what life has, God will provide.  He has, after all, placed some truly wonderful people in my life. 

I don't know if I will be happy or sad tomorrow.  I don't know if what little structure I have in my life will collapse or grow.  I don't know if my friendships will blossom or whither.  I don't know.  And I'm trying to be alright with that.  I don't have to be such a sad sack control freak...I just have to remember who really is in charge.

Thank God for the people in my life...may He bless them richly, keep them in His will and abide with them daily.

No comments: